A luxury watch is an extraordinary accessory because it has a universal functionality and the ability to provide a look of sheer elegance. Today, there are a lot of brands that offers luxury watches, and if you’re on the hunt for one, the search can be daunting and overwhelming.
If it is your first time to buy a luxury watch or you just need something to help you weigh your options, here are five factors you need to consider before you decide to purchase a particular timepiece.
Why do you want a luxury watch?
Obviously, the purpose of a watch is for you to easily determine what time of the day it is, but there are varying reasons why people buy watches, especially when purchasing models that are high in value.
Different people have varying values and personalities, and these will ultimately influence their reasons for buying. Some of the most common reasons that drive people to buy a luxury watch are:
- Functionality and style – Something to help them with timekeeping that can be worn often while adding appeal to their overall look.
- Status symbol – Something to impress others with or something that’s indicative of wealth or social status.
- Love for history – Wanting to own a piece of a particular era or well-known person.
- Reward for self – Something that can remind you of the fruits of your labor. Buying a luxury watch for this reason is like patting yourself on the back for a job well done.
You also need to consider where and how you will use the watch. Do you want a luxury watch that you can wear everyday at the office? Are you looking for a timepiece that you will only use for specific occasions? Do you just want to add something new to your collection?
Your values and reasons will play a huge role on your buying process, so make sure that you know why you want a luxury watch in the first place. This will you point you in the right direction, narrow down your choices, and provide a more focused direction for your search.
Style is a major point of decision when it comes to buying a luxury watch, and you need to be familiar with different designs to make the best choice. There are hundreds, if not thousands of luxury watch models that are available in the market today, but we will narrow it down for you in three main categories.
- Classic or dress watches – These are traditional timepieces that are typically designed for formal wear. However, fashion is evolving and classic timepieces can either be dressed up or dressed down, depending on how versatile its look is. Today, dress watches can be worn on a formal gala or on a laid-back and casual weekend.
- Sports watches – These are watches that are made for active users and some are designed for specific purposes like diving or aviation. Sports watches are typically built with more protective features and denser materials.
Today, sports watches are not just for the outdoors. Just like classic timepieces, it can be worn during casual and formal occasions, depending on its style and look. Take for instance, the Rolex Submariner—a diving watch that has evolved into a timepiece that compliments formal attire.
- Vintage watches – If you want a rare watch model or a timepiece that have a history, you can go for vintage models.
However, you need to be careful when investing in a vintage watch. Make sure that the piece you’re looking at is authentic, in good condition, and still has the original parts to it.
In addition, don’t forget to factor in a watch’s fit. Make sure to purchase a piece that’s apt to the size of your wrist.
Just like with any valuable purchase you will make, you need to do comparison- shopping before you decide to purchase a luxury timepiece.
Begin by doing your research. Thanks to the Internet, there’s a vast pool of resources that can help you learn about the luxury watches you’re eyeing and where to shop for the best deals.
You can begin with sellers online. Check out our catalog of guaranteed authentic luxury watches and see if there’s a piece that appeals to your taste. Meanwhile, you can also visit nearby stores in your area to see a watch in person and be able to try it.
Regardless of whether you choose to buy online or in an actual store, you need to know how to interact with a watch seller and gather as much information as you can about the watch you’re looking at. To make sure that it is a good deal, you need to ask about its craftsmanship, materials, warranty, and possible costs if you need to have it repaired or serviced.
Determine what you can afford, and go for a luxury watch that fits your budget.
However, this factor should greatly reflect why you want to buy a luxury timepiece. A watch may be the most expensive in the market, but it’s still not the right choice if it doesn’t match your reasons in the first place.
If you’re clear on what fuels your desire for a luxury watch, you will likely spend on a piece that you love, and that will give you fulfillment and satisfaction.
Buying a luxury watch becomes difficult when you’re torn between two or three choices. How do you know which one is the best for you and make sure that you’ll not regret decision in the long run?
What you can do is sleep on it and look at other watches, even those that you have taken off your list. The watch that stood out in your mind even after checking out other models is the right choice. It remained ingrained in your mind because it has genuine appeal to you, and not jut a temporary charm or excitement upon seeing a beautiful watch.
Buying a luxury watch is a personal decision, but making a choice can be challenging at times. Before you spend on a valuable timepiece, do your research and keep these five tips in mind to make sure that you get your money’s worth.